Flourishing Through Fellowship to Aspire Believe and Achieve
We aim to develop lifelong learners that have a clear understanding of the world in which we live through the acquisition of skills and knowledge. Developing their unique God-given talents which will enable them to contribute, collaborate and flourish in a global society.
Our School Values
We promote strong Christian values, where children are appropriately supported and challenged to succeed. These values help to promote the principles of life that Jesus taught.
Compassion calls us to live like Jesus always looking to support others and give the best of ourselves to them. Recognising that sometimes we will be giving to others and sometimes we will be taking helps us to understand the importance of walking in the shoes of others
Trust in ourselves, trust in each other and trust in God enables us to work in a variety of ways to achieve the very highest outcomes.
Courage enables us to move out of our comfort zone and push past what we expect of ourselves and others knowing that faith in ourselves and God will support us.
Wisdom is the acquisition of skills and knowledge through learning in the curriculum as well as knowing ourselves and knowing God.
Fellowship Is key to all that we do in and out of school recognising that together we can achieve more. Valuing the strengths and gifts of others can compliment our own skills so that working together we can all flourish.
Thankfulness for the challenges and the blessings that we are given enables us to be resilient safe in the knowledge that challenges and difficulties are part of life as are blessings and success.
Our British Values
As part of Aletheia Academies Trust, Horton Kirby is committed to Fundamental British Values.
We aim to actively promote British values in our school to ensure that all children leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Trust actively promotes British Values in all of our academies. We aim to establish a strong community where all pupils are encouraged to demonstrate respect and tolerance through an inclusive nature regardless of faith, race and culture.
- Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those in our society of different faiths and beliefs
Aletheia Academies Trust’s overarching Equality Objectives are:
- To use performance data to monitor student achievement and respond to variations between groups of learners, subjects, courses and key stages, trends over time and comparisons with other schools.
- To provide professional development which continues to support staff to promote equality and diversity routinely in their daily activity.
- To provide an environment that welcomes protects and respects diverse people.
- To ensure that all students are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school.
- Foster ownership amongst our students for the development of a set of positive behaviours which reflect the very best in all cultures, but reaffirm the understanding of and compliance with the rule of British law and British Values.
- To address cultural events through year worship activities to increase student awareness and understanding of issues in different communities